Monday 26 April 2021

Aspire part 3 + 4

 Daniel took us to a steakhouse for dinner and as always, he insisted that I order whatever I wanted. I thought back to the times where we had dined out and he had asked if I wanted dessert, most men I’d been with weren’t like that, they were more concerned about my waistline than if I enjoyed the meal, but not Dan. 


I tried to watch him, for any signs that he might have maybe enjoyed me eating but he had a good poker face.  


I wondered about his ex, Amber, she and I had markedly different bodies and I couldn’t fathom how someone could be attracted to two women of such vastly different sizes so I decided to dig a little deeper. 


“So,” I started “Tell me more about Amber.” 


He noticeably tensed before laughing a little, “What would you like to know?” 


“Oh, the usual, where you met, how long you were together... why you broke up.” I could tell that his little laugh was a nervous laugh and it was unfortunate that it persisted but I had to know the facts. 


“Well, we met at a charity softball game, we were together two years and we split up because we wanted different things in life.” 


He was straight to the point just as he was with most things, “how concise of you.” I mocked him a little, “what does that mean? Wanted different things in life?” 


He shifted in his seat a little, talking about his past relationship was clearly making him feel awkward, “You know, we weren’t ready for the same things, I wanted to focus on my career and she was dead set on having a baby...” 


“You don’t want kids?” I interrupted him. 


“I’m not saying that, it just wasn’t the right time with her.” he sat for a minute and looked into his drink thoughtfully, “How about you? Would I find a box of belongings in your wardrobe? Do you want kids?” 


“Oh no mister, we’re not talking about my wardrobe. Anyway, I’m way better at throwing things out than you are.” 


“That may be the case but I don’t go around putting on stranger’s underwear.” he laughed but this time it broke the tension. He was giving up all the answers to whatever I asked him but I wasn’t really getting the information I wanted. 


“Was she always so...” 


“Fat?” 


“Daniel! You can’t say something like that!” 


“Why not? She was proud of her figure and didn’t care for people pussy-footing around what to call her, she preferred Amber by the way.” 


I blushed, it was what I had wanted to ask but Dan was as straightforward as ever, almost blasé about a topic that’s normally only talked about in hushed voices. 


“So... was she, Amber I mean, was Amber always so... full-figured?” he might have had no problem calling a spade a spade but I wasn’t about to start throwing the F word around without a care for people’s feelings. 


“She was never slim, she was chubby when we met and her weight only increased as our relationship wore on, it was never an issue for us it was just something that happened. Why are you so interested about her weight?” 


Ah, now it was my turn to feel awkward, I was getting him to spill the beans but I hadn’t bargained for the fact that he would most likely want to know what all of this was about. “It’s just that we look so different... I just wondered what you found attractive about her... and about me.” 


He smiled as he took a sip of his drink, “And that’s why you were trying on her underwear?” 


I kicked him under the table, he was getting off far too lightly, even enjoying my embarrassment, “I’m serious!” I replied, almost the whine of a petulant teenager, “how could you fancy us both?” 


He put down his drink and took my hand, looking into my eyes with a sincere expression, “there are many reasons I found her attractive and why I find you attractive, but why don’t you let me tell you over dessert?” 

Daniel ordered dessert for us both, he didn’t normally do that sort of thing but by now he obviously knew what I liked and disliked and if I was going to get more information out of him, I had no problem with him taking charge. 


He ordered this totally decadent triple chocolate fudge cake with double cream, I’d never had it before but I had to admit that he knew how to pick a dessert, it was delicious. 


“So?” I asked him between bites, “how is it that you find slim, toned, athletic me sexy but also...” 


“Round, chubby, voluptuous Amber sexy as well?” 


His bluntness caught me off guard and I blushed as I fed myself another mouthful. 


“It’s simple really, you have more in common than you think.” 


“We have things in common?!” I scoffed 


“Absolutely, you’re both gorgeous, confident women who have great taste in men.” 


I smiled and playfully kicked him under the table, I guessed that I wasn’t going to be getting the answers I was looking for, not tonight anyway. 


 


“How do you like the cake? Sorry, how DID you like the cake?” 


I was confused by his question at first but on glancing down I noticed that I had absentmindedly eaten the whole slice while we had been talking. “It was good, really good. In fact, I’d say it was the best cake I’ve ever eaten.” I told him truthfully. 


“There’s something else you have in common with Amber, it’s her favourite too.” 


I blushed at the notion that I and Dan’s ex were more alike than I originally thought, I wasn’t embarrassed, I don’t know what I felt. I wondered why he had bought me this cake that his ex had enjoyed so much, I wondered how many times he’d brought her here and how many of the other places we ate at. I had questions I wanted to ask him but he disarmed me with one of his own. 


“Do you want the rest of my slice? It’s too rich for me and you looked disappointed to have eaten all of yours already.” 


I shouldn’t have said yes, I’d already eaten way too much without really even noticing but I’d have been lying if I said that I didn’t want to finish his plate too. So, I did. 


 


I didn’t realise how full I was until I got into the car, as I sat in the passenger seat every little bump in the road made me groan and clutch at my overfed tummy, “urgh, why did you let me eat so much?” I asked Dan. 


“Let you? I wasn’t aware I was supposed to be monitoring your intake, plus it was you that greedily gobbled up the rest of my dessert.” 


“I wasn’t greedy!” I tried to protest but as I did Dan hit a bump in the road and I let out the most unladylike burp!  


I apologised profusely but Dan just laughed and told me he was used to much worse. 


I wondered what he meant by that, did Amber often overeat? Would she sit in this very seat belching without a care? Was that the sort of confidence he found attractive? 


 


I was quiet for the rest of the night, not that there was a lot left of it. Eating so much had left me feeling rather sleepy but I was still thoughtful about the day’s events. As we lay in bed cuddled up, I couldn’t help but think about her. Her belongings in the wardrobe, her favourite chocolate cake, she’d probably slept exactly where I was lying right now with these same arms around her, hugging her lovingly. His big strong hand on her big belly.  


On my belly! In his sleep Dan’s hand had rested on my swollen middle and he rubbed and squeezed it so gently. I had to admit it felt really good but I’d have to talk to him about this, I had no intention of making this a regular occurrence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment