Monday 11 December 2017

One Last Gift

A short follow up to the festive themed commission I wrote Ho Ho Ho! read that one first!

Ah Boxing Day, you know in years past it was a day associated with the hunt and I couldn’t help but feel a smug self-satisfaction that my hunt, a hunt I’d tried so often, had finally been a success just days before.


I sat back in my overstuffed armchair and gleefully browsed through social media, noting all the sad children and the outraged parents.

“Where was Santa?!” Asked little Jimmy “I hope he’s okay” snivelled little Jane.

“I think it’s disgusting, he’s got a job to do” raged some over sensitive, halfwit parent.

I could barely suppress my giggles as I sipped my brandy and revelled in the chaos I had bought about.



It was around midday when I heard a knock at my door, “strange” I thought “I’m not expecting anyone, it had better not be blasted carol singers”.

I was more than surprised at who should stand in my doorway.

“Aren’t you only supposed to call once a year?”

There he stood old St. Nick himself, looking just as fat as I’d last seen him Christmas morning but tired, so tired.

“May I come in please Naomi?”

“Makes a change for you to ask instead of just barging in, feel free, come in take a seat, can I get you anything to eat?” I laughed.



He just glared at me as he sat down.

“She left me Naomi”

“Really? Over what?”

“I ruined Christmas! I missed most of my deliveries thanks to you and when I came back to the North Pole looking this fat and smelling of your perfume it was pretty obvious what I’d been up to”.

“Oh that sucks Santa baby but at least you won’t have to feel guilty about dropping by here next Christmas Eve right?”

“Well about that” said Santa sheepishly.

“Oh don’t tell me you came here looking for round two?!”



“Well I did have such a good time Naomi but no, I think your actions earned you a place on the nice list and I’m here to give you your present”

“You have got to be kidding. I ruined Christmas for millions surely that nets me a place on the super naughty list?!”

“Well you made Santa feel nice so here’s your present, a kiss with Santa under the mistletoe”



With that a sprig formed out of nowhere and hung between us.

“Okay” I smiled “just know I want something a little more expensive next year”

I got up and embraced my massive lover of only a couple of nights ago and he gave me a long passionate kiss.



Coming up for air he laughed “I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus ho ho ho!”

I looked at him with a bemused look on my face.

“Well, Mother Christmas rather than mommy”

“What?!” I couldn’t believe it as I looked down at myself.

Gone were the black lace blouse and leather trousers I had been wearing, replaced with a flowing red velvet dress with white fur trim.

A white frilly apron now adorned my waist.

“My waist!” I screamed. It appeared that Santa’s present had done more than change my attire.

I ran to my mirror to confirm my fear, my lithe young body had been replaced by that of a stout old grandma!

My middle bulged against the apron that also contained my new matronly bosom. My arms looked sausage like as they pressed against the sleeves of my festive garb.

The back of the apron had a ridiculously large white bow but even that was outdone by the obscene size of my backside and the plump rolls that formed under my shoulder blades.



Returning my gaze to my front I noticed my quivering double chin and plump, rosy cheeks. I had aged significantly and no doubt needed the gold, horn-rimmed glasses that sat perched on my nose. I used them to spy the white curls that peeked out from under my mob cap.

Santa came and rested his hand on my meaty hip.

“You didn’t think Santa could go on without a Mrs Claus did you? No no no! And after I tasted your cooking I knew you’d do a fantastic job”



I opened my mouth to complain but he simply popped a candy cane in it.

“Now gather anything you want to take with you, we must return to the North Pole, I have lots of presents to make for next year and well, you have so many cookies to bake Ho ho ho!”

No comments:

Post a Comment